We definitely went to some wicked concerts but we missed out on seeing some great bands….nothing will be missed in 2011! Out of all the concerts I went to, here is my top 5:
1. Two Door Cinema Club - this young Irish band has only one album out - Tourist History…but what an album it is! It was named album of the year by NME magazine. What I loved about TDCC, was how modest they were…almost surprised and so great full that people went to their show. They put on a great show and we are looking forward seeing in Jan 2011. I’m extremely curious and anxious to see what their next album is like.
2. Miike Snow - this experience was surreal! They are incredibly talented and sound better than on their album. I love all the theatrics of their show - the smoke, masks, antlers and lights. Definitely a concert I will never forget and will always go to.
3. Deadmau5 - this concert had me listening to him for over week…I couldn’t get it out of my system. He totally rocked my world! Awesome way to end the year.
4. MGMT - I love Andrew VanWyngarden’s unique voice…They are amazing live and i loved the vibe of the concert… it had cool futuristic hippy feel to it.
5. Kings of Leon - this was my first Kings concert and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. Maybe I’m too biased to small venues because they’re so much more intimate. Kings of Leon played at the Molson Amphitheatre and I didn’t feel as though they engaged the crowd very well. Then again they played all their hits and really well….so they made my top 5…barely.