We definitely went to some wicked concerts but we missed out on seeing some great bands….nothing will be missed in 2011! Out of all the concerts I went to, here is my top 5:
1. Two Door Cinema Club - this young Irish band has only one album out - Tourist History…but what an album it is! It was named album of the year by NME magazine. What I loved about TDCC, was how modest they were…almost surprised and so great full that people went to their show. They put on a great show and we are looking forward seeing in Jan 2011. I’m extremely curious and anxious to see what their next album is like.
2. Miike Snow - this experience was surreal! They are incredibly talented and sound better than on their album. I love all the theatrics of their show - the smoke, masks, antlers and lights. Definitely a concert I will never forget and will always go to.
3. Deadmau5 - this concert had me listening to him for over week…I couldn’t get it out of my system. He totally rocked my world! Awesome way to end the year.
4. MGMT - I love Andrew VanWyngarden’s unique voice…They are amazing live and i loved the vibe of the concert… it had cool futuristic hippy feel to it.
5. Kings of Leon - this was my first Kings concert and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. Maybe I’m too biased to small venues because they’re so much more intimate. Kings of Leon played at the Molson Amphitheatre and I didn’t feel as though they engaged the crowd very well. Then again they played all their hits and really well….so they made my top 5…barely.
Glow sticks, neon and mouse ears
Deadmau5 returned home and performed one hell of a show at the extremely packed Guvernment on Dec 26, 2010. With a mix of new and old, he had the crowd wrapped around his finger. A wicked light show accompanied the beats. He calmed the crowd with rain during Raise Your Weapon…It was pretty amazing. The music was pumping through everyone’s body. He covered mixes by the likes Daft Punk and Rage Against the Machines. It was incredible to see what one person can produce. Definitely a great concert to end 2010….I’m pretty sure I was dancing to Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff in my sleep.